Friday, March 4, 2011

LightSquared, LightRadio, LightBeer...?

I keep reading in the press that LightSquared is launching in Phoenix, but here on the ground we're looking for signs of movement...and it's been quiet...too quiet.  LightSquared, where are you?

It'd be nice to see this market move forward with LightSquared -- it'd be well received...there's a tangible sense of malaise in the local economy, and we would all appreciate something positive.  I know property valuations went out recently, and every homeowner saw reductions in value that would stop a train.

On a LighterNote (sorry, couldn't help myself) -- even the sleepy planning forums picked up on the LightRadio splash, and urban planners are wondering -- will the towers go away, and should we be thinking about re-writing the ordinance?  I've been doing my part to try and get some rational thoughts in circulation, and I think Jonathan Kramer did an excellent job in his post...

I've also been surprised this week to read that newer LEEDS building standards may be creating some signal degradation for in-building coverage, directly related to the use of Low e Glass...wow, thats an unforseen and pretty ironic result...we'll see how that bounces off the planners out there.

Lastly, it's Friday, and unfortunately, I haven't figured out yet how to brew my own LightBeer...even so, I'd rather have that bottle in front of me...

Stay safe, and for goodness sakes, have some fun.

RES

No comments:

Post a Comment